Feedback ( Started by a User ) :)

SpaceSys topics not related to any specific subforum
Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:38 am

• Hello to all,

I started this thread , because there was no thread like this and I want to help :) .

Until I've installed Spacesys there were 2 crashes. ( the installation was 1 hour ago :lol: )
    1. CTRL+Alt+double left mouse on a blue sphere or a 3D Icon ( e.g. skype ) causes the app to crash instantly.
    2. crash was caused by Nvidias display driver ( I think I should try the new one :D ).
    [Edit] 3. crash while left klick on the pastebin Name ( this activates the rename option an then crash , but only once ) [/Edit]

I got 17 to 200 FPS with my GTX 660 OC ( without additional overclocking ) but it's very smooth even at 17 FPS.
    With this settings:
    Something I would like to have is a "navigate to upper folder" icon at every spaces.

Gretings Merlin
    Merlin
    Donator

• Hi Merlin Wiz, it's good to see you here! :)
    Thanks for comments, we'll check why that happens and fix it as soon as possible..
    Yea, those are pretty hi details and we found ourselves that something around 20fps is sufficient for pleasant work.
    miro@3dea

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 am

• Hello,

The most demanding option that uses most resources is Half/Full sized render targets, if you switch that on, you will gain double framerate, full sized render targets are for GTX Titan cards, or GTX 780 and ATI equivalent. So far engine doesnt support SLI or CrossFire, so this is aimed only at the best single GPUs out there. We will change that it is set on (half sized) by default, and make a better name for it in the config app.

Try it out and tell us how it behaves..
    Dalmat

• Here you can see my results:

Depth of Field : 17 - 109 FPS
    Ambient Light: 19 - 113 FPS
    Bloom: 17 - 118 FPS
    Depth of Field + Ambient Light: 19 - 115 FPS
    Bloom + Depth of Field: 20 - 116 FPS
    Ambient Light + Bloom: 18 - 111 FPS

all 3 together 21 -114 FPS comment: Framerate is NOT stable ( it goes up and down more that 10FPS while doing nothing )
    none of them 19 - 114 comment: Framerate is more stable
    Merlin
    Donator

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 am

• That is why we are going for UNIGINE.

In the following months, we will transfer all that we have to a more pro engine. But that world there, that is like a bomb on a normal pc, you will get a more easy going one soon :)
    Dalmat

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:02 am

• Hello! I'm new here - and also excited to see what 3DEA has to offer...

I was playing around and decided to change my shell to SpaceSys and I noticed a few things that I wonder about:
    1. Is SpaceSys ultimately geared toward becoming a shell replacement? (i hope so)
    2. While using this as a shell, I noticed that I had no function to "log out" or "shut down"
    3. Access to notification bar icons - any plans?
    4. When an icon is removed from my "Desktop Space" for instance, is there any way to put it back in?
    5. If launched as a program, is there a "proper" way to close SpaceSys?

Keep up the good work! You have something special here.
    knotbeer

• Hello there

Yes, our goal is to become a complete shell over windows

Still no log off or shut down, that will be added later

Access to notification bar items will be added later along with taksbar in 3D

Yes you can add icons with ctrl-alt-o key combination, just pull out any icon into global space, press the key combination while you have it selected and there will be a popup, where you can choose between hundreds of them.. YOu will have that on context menu in the next build.

once we reach the point where you boot to spacesys and we work in full screen, you will have shut down effects too! ;) like an asteroid crushing into your paradise and similar things.

We are keeping up the work, but ourselves are falling from it..
    WE will provide!
    Dalmat

• Access to notification bar items will be added later along with taksbar in 3D. :?
    JacobVR

• JacobVR wrote:Access to notification bar items will be added later along with taksbar in 3D. :?

We did not abandon this option, we are currently working on input and windows 10 support, which we think is more important.
    We tried out a lot of stuff along the r&d phase, and we will implement our own solution for taskbar and notifications.

Please be patient :roll:
    Dalmat

Return to General Discussion

Information