Desktop/Window Orientation

Please post here if you have problems with SpaceSys
You can also send us emails at support@3dea.hr or contact us directly by Skype username SpaceSys.Support
Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm

• When I start 3dspacesys my desktop window is really tall and narrow rather than wide as would be expected...I am running 2 monitors along with the rift and one of them is an ultrawide (21:9) but the rift is set as main monitor...when I set the rift up I had to rotate the display in the NVidia control panel (to display correctly) to portrait mode...I see on the website that the images show the windows in their correct orientation so it must be something in my settings that is causing these portrait desktops/windows in the app. Sorry if I have missed something..I'm pretty much a VR n00b :)
    Wreckluse68

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:47 am

• <hello,

Sorry for the late reply, no computer in the wilderness :)

Well i cant exactly point on what is wrong with the picture, but i can tell you what we do to get it straight.

So we set the oculus as primary monitor, although you dont have to, you can transfer the screen with keys "win-shift-arrow" (left - right) but, first things first, set oculus as primary screen, then go to your graphics control panel and go to desktop orientation (rotate display) for oculus monitor and set it to portrait mode. Save and exit.

That should work without problems.. If you still experience problems please check in, then i will look into it some more. But this should make it straight.. :geek:
    Dalmat

Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 am

• He probably had the oculus in extend to second monitor mode mode.. so it affected 2D screen :)
    Dalmat

Return to Support

Information