3D context Menu Crashes Spacesys

Please post here if you have problems with SpaceSys
You can also send us emails at support@3dea.hr or contact us directly by Skype username SpaceSys.Support
Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:13 am

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:14 pm

• Please, can you try to reset world defaults in the config panel and try again?
    Dalmat

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:34 pm

• jedclampet wrote:Whenever I right click on an icon Spacesys crashes.
    Here is the .dmp file it ask to save:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dDxeq0deS4eDBvY1JNY0h5aTg/view?usp=sharing

Hi and many thanks for your feedback and for the dump file. We'll look at it first thing Monday morning and get back to you as soon as possible.

Since releasing this update, we've found that on some systems pressing the [menu] key on keyboard can occasionaly crash SpaceSys with a dump file dialog. This bug is being resolved and an update with the fix will be released sometime next week.

In the mean time, can you please confirm that the crash occurs upon right clicking an icon, and not upon pressing the keyboard [menu] key? Does this happen on all icons or only on some of them (can you please give an example of such an icon)?

<EDIT>
    You may try deleting the current world save file (there's a button for that in Config tool, tab "Other") and see if that fixes the problem.
    </EDIT>

Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
    madhatter

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:46 pm

• Ok so I now don't get asked to save a Dump file but I get an Error!

Can't Create Texture 480x30x1 type B8G8R8A8 mode 0

I got this Error 3 times out of the four I tried.
    This is with Icons: Paint, Google Earth, and Excel.
    The fourth Icon I right clicked on crashed Spacesys and gave me this Error.

Runtime Error!

"C:/Program Files/3Dea/SpaceSys/Bin/3DeaUILauncher.exe"

R6025
    -Pure virtual function call.

I tried messing with the settings the fourth one was with "Make context menu item physical" checked
    the others weren't. I tried deleting save world files.
    jedclampet

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:59 pm

• jedclampet wrote:Ok so I now don't get asked to save a Dump file but I get an Error!

-- CUT --

Hi and thanks again for helping us identifying this issue. We are working on resolving it and will release an official update as soon as it's fixed. Please check your PM Inbox.
    madhatter

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm

• Here is my System information (in case it is needed):
    Win 7 Home Premium SP 1
    HP Pavilion Dm4 Notebook
    Intel Core i5-2410M CPU 2.30 GHz
    6.00 GB
    64 Bit
    jedclampet

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:27 pm

• Hi, thanks again for your feedback. We have released an update which addresses some of the issues found in the previous release. We hope that this update will fix at least some of the problems you were experiencing. Please do let us know if you're having further issues with this release.
    madhatter

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:50 am

• Hey, I wish there was some way I could be of more help. If there is let me know.
    I only know Html, & CSS but I can do a lot on Computers I know Photoshop, and Adobe AE as well.
    jedclampet

Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:32 am

• Yay! I fixed it. I was Installing a graphics driver to fix something else and had the thought that is might fix Spacesys too, and it did. Both the 3D Context Menu and the Live windows work now!
    jedclampet

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 pm

• jedclampet wrote:Yay! I fixed it. I was Installing a graphics driver to fix something else and had the thought that is might fix Spacesys too, and it did. Both the 3D Context Menu and the Live windows work now!

Hi, that's great news, and at a very convenient holiday time! We were sure we already wrote you to try checking your graphics driver, but we must have somehow skipped that because it looked too simple. Nevertheless, we managed to identify and resolve a few other smaller issues thanks to your feedback, so it was time well spent :-).

We apologize for the late reply, we were out of the office for holidays. We won't return to full office time until January 7th, but we'll keep an eye on the forums so please feel free to post your feedback and write about your experience with new features - we are always more than happy to hear from our users.

Thanks again!
    madhatter

Next

Return to Support

Information