SpaceSys mechanics

Here you will find info about current development status.
Donators also have access to Downloads section.
Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:24 pm

• Hi, it has been one of these times when I went to have a spin with 3DeaUI, trying some more AutoHotkey tricks in order to make it possible to effectively navigate with keyboard input, mouse buttons and pointer motion.

I could manage to move and orient the camera up to the point where it is not possible to move along a vector other than the user gaze. Moving and camera orientation should not be the same thing. Even in SWTOR, you can move along some direction still being able to look around in the process.

Once more, I'll ask if you would consider giving us some means to choose between a navigation and a Windows-interaction mode. This would make it possible to [right/left/middle] - [press/release, click or drag] without those fucking menu or selection or activation deciding what the user wants to accomplish.

This is again the exact same request I'm posting since the beginning, no doubt. I know you have more important things to do with Kinect, Leap Motion and any gadget 3d input to come. What I'm looking for is to be able to put this environment to the test before it's too late. If you want to make the perfect tool before anyone has a chance to use it, why did you ask for people to get involved in this early stage ?

If I can move around with my keyboard and my mouse, I can guarantee you I'm going to make this my working desktop.

If not, I'll check again what's new in a few months, as usual.
    ivanwfr
    Donator

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:57 am

• Wait a bit more Ivanfr,

In the next build we have done some more controls so you can see where we are heading. it is far from finished and perfect, but still you can extrapolate our thoughts.
    We are looking into the hotkeys and the way to enable you to customize all.
    Dalmat

Previous

Return to SpaceSys Development

Information