Updates info

Here you will find info about current development status.
Donators also have access to Downloads section.
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:44 am

• KK sounds great! :)
    jedclampet

Fri May 08, 2015 1:58 am

• Soooo... you said in the next week or two? It has been three. I was really exited about this but more and more i am losing hope. If it was just an unexpected problem the least ya'll could do is post a status on what is going on. not just posting stuff when you actually have an update. once a month mabye? Email Newsletter? it all sounds good when you reply to me but I would like too know what is going on.
    jedclampet

Wed May 27, 2015 5:45 pm

• Hi everyone, update to version 0.2.2 is finally available in download section in all four flavours / dl. packages: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2384. Even though it's not a major update in terms of features, the changes span through all project parts, mainly because of transition to the newest Esenthel Engine. This means that world packages need update as well as binaries. After this transition, you can expect more frequent updates. Thanks everyone for sticking with us!

New features:
    • Updated 3D engine to latest Esenthel engine featuring numerous optimizations and improvements
    • Added support for Oculus Rift DK2
    • File operations (copy, move, delete, create shortcut...) confirmation and informational dialogs are now presented with SpaceSys GUI in order to minimize any VR distraction
    • Added new environment / world: Blue Sky
    • Icon labels are now real 3D physical objects
    • Greatly improved performance / frame rates in graphically intensive environments

Changes:
    • Splash screen replaced with intro animation
    • Use depth of field to emphasize object in focus
    • Improved handling of shell objects
    • Changing to / back from stereoscopy mode when SpaceSys is running is not any more supported and can result in SpaceSys hang
    • Various internal changes / fixes / optimizations

Installer changes:
    • Setup splash screen

Limitations / known issues / unfinished features:
    • When starting SpaceSys after changing environment / world, sometimes SpaceSys will not start properly

Detailed instructions on using Live Windows is posted in separate thread / post:

Enabling Live Windows Feature Tutorial

As always, your feedback is very valuable to us.

3Dea dev team
    madhatter

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 pm

• As a potential future customer, is there a demo-version (or timetrial) for this?
    Zerodime

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:38 pm

• Yes there is, please go the the front page on the web, and download demo at the bottom

www.3deaspacesys.com

Sorry for the confusion, we are fixing the way the web works, it will be much clearer in a few days..
    Dalmat

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:48 pm

• *downloading*
    Zerodime

Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:42 pm

• Is there a possibility that ether the software won't install (doesn't even create the directory structure!) or that it isn't 32bit compatible?
    Zerodime

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 am

• No there is no 32 bit support anymore, we dropped it completely, we need to change the minimum requirements page.
    I am sorry for the confusion, we are clearing out things as we go.
    The way we see it, 32 bit OS is going to fade, and we loose time on it, i am sorry for your trouble.
    Dalmat

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:08 pm

• Ah well. Will wait till july or put Windows 8 64 on it again.
    Zerodime

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:49 pm

• Wait till july i say :) we will push out another patch or two till then, and.. win 8 sucks.

Sorry it came out this way, 32 bit is dead, and we are few.. we came to a point where we should double the amount of work to push out both builds, and decided this way.
    Actually i was the one that insisted to drop the 32bit support, and completely forgot about it. Today my colleagues pointed it out to me. :)
    Dalmat

PreviousNext

Return to SpaceSys Development

Information