Updates info

Here you will find info about current development status.
Donators also have access to Downloads section.
Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 pm

• So after first publicly available version it's time to move on.. One of the most discussed topics on Gamescom (also mentioned here - thanks Zarkos) was about SpaceSys resources consumption while other application is running in full-screen mode. First implementation is done so currently when you are running a full-screen app/game SpaceSys CPU consumption drops to 0%. We are still holding memory acquired (cca. 400MB) to be able to instantly continue the work after full-screen exit..

Known issue:
    because of some DirectX problems we had to change splash screen size and behavior. If you click on the splash screen message box may appear that says the SpaceSys don't respond. You can ignore that message box and it will disappear as soon as the SpaceSys are up. We will fix this in the next update.

Download link:
    the installation is uploading (still slowly :( ) and as soon as it's done we will inform you about it. You can expect it until the end of day.

Update:
    Sorry, the upload was interrupted. The version is finally up and download link will be delivered by email..
    This way of distribution will also be changed asap..
    miro@3dea

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 pm

• Hello,
    Could you please compress the files as small as you get them? ( may be with 7zip ;) )
    Otherwise I can't use my internet connection for about 8 to 10 hours :(
    Merlin
    Donator

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:27 pm

• We are working on new update system so you will get much smaller updates in future.
    This current version is zip again, but of course it's not a problem to use 7zip.. if no one else has anything against it ;)
    miro@3dea

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 am

• Here is the patch link for the 2013-09-12 version (<1MB):
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5YPl-a ... sp=sharing
    Download it and unpack it in the installation directory.
    This is version without support for Kinect.

New:
    - initial world load progress feedback.
    Fixed issues:
    - clicking on splash screen results in "program not responding" message box.
    miro@3dea

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 am

• From now on download link will be available here on subforum accessible only to Donators:
    viewforum.php?f=33

If you donated and you don't have an access, please PM/email me or other admins to add you to the group.

New version [0.0.3] is prepared for download.
    This download is (again) cca. 1GB but in the future all updates will be significantly smaller.

New feature:
    - Downloading updates using SpaceSys Config tool
    miro@3dea

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 am

• Update with patch [0.0.3.1] is available in downloads:
    viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29

New feature:
    - auto update

Size:
    - 5.53MB
    miro@3dea

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 pm

• I found a little bug after donwloading the file with the config tool ,
    after downloading i clicked the open downloads and then I tried to open the file ,
    but 7zip said that the file was already used by another programm so that I can't open it.

after closing the Update window ( not the config tool window ) the file was only 260kByte small. [ so the .zip was corrupted ]

I tried to reproduce this "bug" , but every thing worked fine. :)

I think you should close the "update window" after opening the download folder. ( if it's not doing it until now :D )

-Merlin
    Merlin
    Donator

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

• Thanks for the bug report.
    Yes, we discovered that bug and it's already fixed in the patch [0.0.3.1].
    Workaround for main version [0.0.3] is to wait couple of seconds after the download is done.
    miro@3dea

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 am

• Version 0.0.4 is available in downloads:
    viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32#p87

New feature:
    - world selection available through environment section of Config tool. Depending on the version of the installer used to install ver. 0.0.4, you will have only one world (core installer) or two worlds (full installer) installed.
    - currently, two world packages are available: the Paradise Island package and the lightweight Formula 1 package which is much smaller in dl size, and should also be much easier on resources for users with weeker configurations. You can download them individually from the downloads subforum and after that the package needs to be manually copied to the Data\_Paks subfolder of your SpaceSys installation folder (e.g. "C:\Program Files\3Dea\SpaceSys\Data\_Paks").

Known issue:
    - though we already announced transparent automatic updates through Config tool, our current updates depend on Google drive service which recently disabled direct downloads of large files (> 25 MB) because they can't be processed by Google's antivirus service, so each large file download must be confirmed by the user. We are already working on a workaround for this issue, but this unfortunately means that already shipped versions of Config tool (up to and inc. ver. 0.0.4) will only be able to inform about and automatically download small patches for the currently installed version. This workaround will be made available soon in a small patch for version 0.0.4. Fully transparerent updates will be ready as soon as we have our own file server up and running.
    madhatter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 pm

• Why don´t you use Dropbox ? (there you can replace the file and the link will be the same[if the name isn't changed])

I know Dropbox has limited storage and storage upgrades costs. :D

I only want to help ;)

-Merlin
    Merlin
    Donator

Next

Return to SpaceSys Development

Information